- Appendix 1: Walmart reference list of priority chemicals
Appendix 1: Walmart Reference Lists of Priority Chemicals (as of Feb. 21, 2014)
The following authoritative and regulatory lists may be used as resources to identify Walmart Priority Chemicals for reduction, restriction, or elimination in accordance with Walmart's Policy on Sustainable Chemistry in Consumables.
Note: The policy excludes active ingredients that provide therapeutic benefit when present in a product approved by the FDA New Drug Application process.
- Appendix 2: US EPA and CSPA Recognized Elements of Public Online Disclosure
 Generally, for ingredients protected as trade secrets, a manufacturer may use chemical-descriptive name, for example, the EPA Premanufacture Notice generic name or the CSPA Dictionary name, in lieu of the specific chemical name; however, the name must be as specific as possible without revealing trade secret information.
- Appendix 3: Guides for Alternatives Assessment
The following is a non-exhaustive list of publicly known methods, tools, and databases aligned with The Commons Principles of Alternatives Assessment that suppliers may use to advance the safer formulation of products using informed substitution.
- GreenScreen List Translator
- Pharos Chemicals and Material Library
- U.S. EPA Safer Choice Chemicals List
- Appendix 4: Overview of Safer Choice process
Figure 1: Reproduced from How to Partner, Get the Safer Choice Label on a Product.
- Appendix 5: Notification of Walmart Priority Chemicals and Walmart High Priority Chemicals within WERCSmart Portal
Going forward, the WERCSmart website will be modified so that when a supplier enters the formulation of a product, the supplier will be notified if a particular component of your product is a Walmart Priority Chemical and/or Walmart High Priority Chemical.
- Appendix 6: Key Stakeholders
Walmart U.S. and Sam's Club have worked with Environmental Defense Fund and a range of other NGOs, suppliers, academics, government and industry stakeholders to develop a company policy on sustainable chemistry for the formulated consumable products that we sell. Through close collaboration with Environmental Defense Fund, we have applied an initial framework for evaluating our chemical footprint using UL's WERCSmart™ platform for in-scope formulated consumable products.