To help suppliers and other organizations on their sustainability journey, Walmart is collaborating to provide training and webinars on topics that matter most to suppliers.
Annual Project Gigaton™ Reporting
The reporting period will open on Monday, September 6, 2022 and close on Friday, November 4, 2022. Your opportunity to report on sustainability progress only happens once a year and is only accessible from the Sustainability Portal.
We are here to help, from on-demand trainings to playbooks and one-on-one counsel.
Recorded Training Courses
- Introduction to Program on People - Responsible Recruitment (Recorded September 2022) Replay Link | View Resources
- Reporting Your Private Brands Packaging Data to Walmart (Recorded September 2022) Replay Link
- How To Reduce Food Waste (Recorded September 2022) Replay Link
- Introduction to Renewable Energy (Recorded September 2022) Replay Link
- How To Report Sustainability Progress to Walmart (Recorded August 2022) Replay Link
- Are you a GNFR supplier and want to know how to report? This session provides guidance on how to set goals and report to Project Gigaton™ (Recorded July 2022). View the Slides
- Want to know how to use your CDP data to report to Project Gigaton™? This session provides guidance on leveraging your CDP disclosure to report to Project Gigaton™ (Recorded July 2022). Replay Link | View the Slides
Attended the training and still have a question about Project Gigaton™ or Private Brand Reporting? Please attend our weekly office hours. In this session the Walmart Sustainability Team will be present to answer any questions. Register Here
- New Project Gigaton™ Nature Pillar Guidance: for submitting goals and reporting progress. View the Guide
- Need help completing the Private Brands Packaging Section of the Sustainability Survey? For step-by-step guidance on how to complete the Private Brands Packaging section of the 2022 Sustainability Survey, check out the Private Brands Packaging Reporting Guidance Document.
2021 Reporting Training Courses
The following training courses were recorded in 2021, these will be replaced as the webinars above are recorded. There are minor changes to the survey this year but the guidance below can still be used.
Need help reporting to Project Gigaton™? Watch this video: How To Report Your Project Gigaton™ Progress.
Need help completing the Textiles Section of the Sustainability Survey? For instructions on how to complete the Textiles Section of the Sustainability Survey, review the Guidance Document.
Forests Survey-Private Brand Palm Oil
Private Brand suppliers that source palm oil as an ingredient should be aware of Walmart’s Forest Policy and Private Brand palm oil goals. View the webinar to learn:
- Walmart’s Private Brand supplier palm oil goals and aspirations
- Recommended supplier action items associated with Walmart policy
- A high-level training on how to enter palm oil data in Project Gigaton™/Forest Survey(s)
THESIS Supplier Tutorials and Trainings
Check out the THESIS Help Center, a library of self-guided support videos launched by The Sustainability Consortium to help you get the most from THESIS. Contact TSC at email@example.com to obtain the password. For more THESIS resources, visit the THESIS Index page.
Training and webinar offerings are updated frequently. To ask questions or request a training topic, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinars on Sustainable Packaging
Design for Plastics Recyclability Webinar Series
Hosted by Walmart, Presented by APR. Please join us for this series of webinars hosted by Walmart, and presented by The Association of Plastic Recyclers, discussing design for plastics recyclability and communicating the common messages within the Walmart Recyclability Playbook and the APR Design Guide® for Plastics Recyclability.
Walmart’s Sustainable Packaging Playbook and Walmart’s Recycling Playbook provide an overview of sustainable packaging best practices, and a deep dive resource specifically for suppliers interested in improving and innovating packaging while supporting recycling. The APR Design® Guide for Plastics Recyclability is published to help package design engineers at consumer brand companies and converters create packaging that is fully compatible with plastics recycling systems in North America. Replay Link
Sam's Club Sustainable Packaging Webinar
Learn how to optimize packaging design to help reduce plastic waste. This webinar will help you identify opportunities to improve the recyclability of your current product packaging. It will also be beneficial as you begin any new product development projects with Sam’s Club. Replay Link | Access PDF